You Connection is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit company using professional media and theatre to connect audiences of all ages to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. YC is entirely donation-based (the YC Web streaming site is free to view online and theatre presentations have free admission).
You Connection is designed to make audiences think- to challenge secular norms, convict the soul, and proclaim the truth of Christ. While entertaining, YC's goal is not to entertain or to simply provide "wholesome presentations".
We have a highly unique brand of creativity, based on the singular style of Founder/Director Matt Kramer, that draws from experimental film, experimental theatre, musicals, whimsy, satire, allegory, and classical storytelling, using the great traditions of the arts to effectively minister the reality of Christ.
You Connection targets an "ageless demographic", appealing to a broad spectrum of ages, from adults to teens to grade-school-aged kids.
What We're Doing
You Connection is fully Gospel and fully artistic; we know the culture and traditions of the arts, from Brechtian technique to Menippean satire, from didactic art to kitchen sink drama and allegory.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
~ it reaches people who really respond to the arts (a lot of Christian arts primarily reaches non-artistic churchgoers only)
~ it celebrates the history and styles of the arts, and demonstrates how these classic styles can be effectively used to communicate the Gospel
~ if the body of Christ wants to take ground in the world of the arts, it must be done by Christians who have an appreciation and a passion for the arts as well as a passion for spreading the Gospel to all the ends of the earth
If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 4:11)
We adhere to the traditional Christian faith, according to the Bible and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You Connection refers to James 4:8, "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you." You connect to Him, He connects to you! We believe:
- in the Triune (Trinity) nature of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, and that these three are one (I John 5:7)
- in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, that He is the one and only way to eternal salvation and redemption; that He died on the cross as a sacrifice for human sin and was resurrected and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God (Philippians 2:5-11)
- in repentance and faith, that the only way to receive forgiveness of sins is through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ (John 14:6, I Timothy 2:5)
- in the reality of sin, the devil, and hell- that there is eternal consequence for those who do not accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and that we are born into sin and require salvation (II Thessalonians 1:3-10)
- in the demonstration of a redeemed life; that being "born again" in Christ requires us to live differently than before (Romans 12:2)
- in the empowering of the Holy Spirit and the reality of the spiritual war between God and the devil (John 15:26, Ephesians 6:10-13)
- that the Bible is the true, accurate, and unchanging Word of God (Hebrews 13:8, II Timothy 3:16)
- that the followers of Christ are commissioned to "go into all the world and preach the Gospel" so that all may come to repentance (Mark 16:15-18)
The YC Team
Matt Kramer - Founder/Director/Writer
Natalie Chapman, Jordan Schonhoff - PR, Promotion, Ministry
YC also has a Prayer Team and Volunteer Team (contact us for more info)
Catelyn Lawrence - Assistant Director/Choreographer