We adhere to the traditional Christian faith, according to the Bible and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
* In the Triune (Trinity) nature and diety of God; that there is one God eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit 1 John 5:7; Romans 1:20; John 1:1-5
* In the diety of the Lord Jesus Christ; that Jesus Christ's death on the cross and resurrection from the dead is the only atonement for sin and the acceptance of Jesus into your heart by faith is the only way to receive forgiveness of sin and everlasting life Leviticus 17:11; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:21-26; Romans 8:16-17; Romans 10:9-10; 1 Timothy 2:5-6
* That the Bible is the one and only true, accurate, and authoritative Word of God Psalm 33:4-5; 1 Corinthians 2:6-16; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:16-21
* In the demonstration of a redeemed life; that a life redeemed by Christ requires us to live differently than before Romans 12:1-2; Ephesians 2:10; Ephesians 4:21-24
* In the reality of sin and the sin nature, in the reality of hell, and the reality of the devil; hence, in the necessity of salvation from sin to a new life in Christ Romans 3:9-26; 2 Thessalonians 1:6-9; Ephesians 6:11-12; 1 Peter 5:8; Revelation 20:11-15
* In the evangelization of the world; that we are commissioned by Christ to preach the Gospel to all the world, making disciples of all nations Matthew 28:18-20
* That God still empowers His people with the Holy Spirit to be His witnesses to the world around us Acts 2; 1 Corinthians 12, 13, 14; Romans 12:4-8; Ephesians 4:11-12
* In the complete indwelling and empowerment of Christ; that in Him, we can do all things, and apart from Him, we can do nothing to gain salvation or redemption John 15:5; Ephesians 2:8-10; Psalm 18:30
* You Connection fully embraces the traditional biblical view regarding gender and sexuality, that God created each person either male or female as a reflection of the image and nature of God (Genesis 1 & 2), the spiritual unlawfulness of rejecting one's biological sex (1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Romans 1:24-32, Hebrews 13:4), and that forgiveness of sin is available to anyone who repents, accepts Jesus, and allows Jesus to transform them (Romans 3:21-26).
The leadership of You Connection fully embraces these core values. (Note: Actors in You Connection are not required to have a statement of faith and therefore have certain parameters specifically outlined in our Actor Guidelines; these core values are still required to be respected by anyone participating in YC.)
The name "You Connection" is a variant of James 4:8, "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you." In other words, you connect to Him, He connects to you!
One of our primary missions as followers of Christ is to go into all the world and "proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day" (1 Chronicles 16:23). That is You Connection's central purpose in all that we do, to proclaim the truth of Jesus Christ and to connect His Word to others, exhorting the believer and informing the unbeliever.