YOU CONNECTION is a faith-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation using professional theatre and the creative arts to promote Christian values to family audiences online and in the Dallas, Texas, area. Our Family Theatre shows, free web channel, and other resources introduce kids, teens, and adults alike to life-changing Bible-based truth, ministering to audiences through the powerful mediums of creativity!
You Connection is made up of:
YC FAMILY THEATRE is an ongoing season of theatre shows in the Dallas metroplex, presenting original, professional, and highly entertaining musical theatre shows for the entire family, featuring unique stories, Broadway-style music, and hard-hitting biblical content that kids, teens, and adults can respond to!
YC WEB is a free ongoing web channel (on a standalone website, free from ads or distractions like on YouTube), designed for ages 7 and up, featuring quality PBS-style videos that will build their faith and keep them engaged for hours, providing a fun, safe, enriching online experience!
YC RESOURCES are books series and other products designed to bring the characters and messages of You Connection right into your home, available on this site or at our facility in Downtown Plano.
CONNECTING THE ARTS is a program in the works to bring support, provide connection, and raise awareness of the arts as a vital and viable method of ministering the Word of God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ to culture and the world around us.
To use creativity to introduce, encourage, or reinforce a biblical worldview (a biblical perspective and understanding of the world), helping audiences to not only know what they believe but why they believe it, and to present Bible-based solutions to current cultural issues, allowing audiences, attendees, or viewers to evaluate, reevaluate, or reexamine what they are seeing and hearing in today's confusing culture
~ We are the only Christian theatre in the Dallas metroplex (besides churches or acting programs), giving us the opportunity to be a "church outside of church" in the Dallas/Ft. Worth community and to be "salt and light" (Matt. 5:13-14) in our city, spreading the Gospel not only to believers but also to people who might not be comfortable stepping into a church; the creative arts is one of the most influential forces in our Western culture, yet it has mostly remained unchallenged by Christianity and is largely ignored as a viable means of evangelism
~ Our unique brand of creativity, characters, stories, and presentations, combined with hard-hitting, thought-provoking, and uncompromising messages, gives You Connection a one-of-a-kind and instantly recognizable trademark style, and our use of all the creative arts- performing arts, media, books- allows us to make a broad impact on audiences both in Dallas or online
~ We are a professional production team with paid performers and crew; though we do use adult actors, You Connection is a haven for some of the finest youthful talent in all of Dallas, as well as an outlet for highly gifted child and teen performers who want to share their faith through their skills
"Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day." I Chronicles 16:23
We adhere to the traditional Christian faith, according to the Bible and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
* In the Triune (Trinity) nature and diety of God; that there is one God eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit 1 John 5:7; Romans 1:20; John 1:1-5
* In the diety of the Lord Jesus Christ; that Jesus Christ's death on the cross and resurrection from the dead is the only atonement for sin and the acceptance of Jesus into your heart by faith is the only way to receive forgiveness of sin and everlasting life Leviticus 17:11; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:21-26; Romans 8:16-17; Romans 10:9-10; 1 Timothy 2:5-6
* That the Bible is the one and only true, accurate, and authoritative Word of God Psalm 33:4-5; 1 Corinthians 2:6-16; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:16-21
* In the demonstration of a redeemed life; that a life redeemed by Christ requires us to live differently than before Romans 12:1-2; Ephesians 2:10; Ephesians 4:21-24
* In the reality of sin and the sin nature, in the reality of hell, and the reality of the devil; hence, in the necessity of salvation from sin to a new life in Christ Romans 3:9-26; 2 Thessalonians 1:6-9; Ephesians 6:11-12; 1 Peter 5:8; Revelation 20:11-15
* In the evangelization of the world; that we are commissioned by Christ to preach the Gospel to all the world, making disciples of all nations Matthew 28:18-20
* That God still empowers His people with the Holy Spirit to be His witnesses to the world around us Acts 2; 1 Corinthians 12, 13, 14; Romans 12:4-8; Ephesians 4:11-12
* In the complete indwelling and empowerment of Christ; that in Him, we can do all things, and apart from Him, we can do nothing to gain salvation or redemption John 15:5; Ephesians 2:8-10; Psalm 18:30
The name "You Connection" is a variant of James 4:8, "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you." In other words, you connect to Him, He connects to you!
Meet Matt Kramer
Matt is Founder/President/Executive Director of You Connection, also serving as writer, composer, performer, and a myriad of other duties! For twenty plus years he has been involved in video production, performing arts, book publishing, and kids ministry.
He has won multiple awards in video and media production, also working for Big Feats Entertainment on the hit 90s PBS children's show "Wishbone". Matt has been acting and performing since he was a child, and was the co-founder of a performing arts company for five years in the early 2000s.
He spent over a decade working directly with kids in kids ministry, as an instructor, kids church leader, and curriculum writer, preaching sermons to kids and producing weekly puppet and sketch comedy videos.
Matt is now a full-time You Connecter and resides in Dallas, Texas, where You Connection is based. He has been an active member of Sojourn Church, in Carrollton, for over thirty years.
I had the calling to do something just like You Connection by the time I was eighteen. For years the Lord had been giving me not only the desire to pursue arts and media, but also to reach kids, and to do it as a ministry. So much of arts and entertainment is about "me"- my movie, my music, my art. I always found the idea of using creativity as a gift for others very intriguing.
It would take another fifteen years before it seemed God was ready to put this calling into action. Though I tried many times over those years to get this vision going, it never seemed to be the right timing. But by His grace, I never lost sight of the calling, and in 2014, You Connection was launched- in many ways an amalgam of all the skills, techniques, lessons, and principles God had allowed me to learn over the years. You Connection itself is a testimony of Isaiah 40:31 ("Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. . ."), and I am honored to be a part of what God has in store for this ministry in the years to come! - Matt Kramer